Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The One that got Away

I went to work early this morning as I had to meet a customer at 8 AM.....so I stopped at my usual Starbucks and standing in line was my past.  He is the one that got away and the one that I think of sometimes late at night when I am lonely.  He is the one, that, if we had to do it all over again, there would be a million things done differently.  Of course, if we had done things differently, I would not have my son today and that would be horrible as I cant imagine my life without my "lil guy".  I think I was just too young to know how to have a relationship and we were trying too hard at wanting a relationship.  At any rate, he placed his order and as he went around to wait for it, our eyes connected and that familiar bright smile came across his face.  We hugged and chatted a few mins until we both had orders, did the "required" chat of "its been too long...give me a call and lets catch up" but we both know that neither of us will call or see each other again until happen-stance happens and we meet unexpectedly.  I left with a smile on my face and a little sadness in my heart.....he is the one that got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment