Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Break and New Reader/Commentor

I was in Starbucks this morning getting my usual and there were three guys in front of me obviously on Spring Break.....instantly popped me back to my college years.  I think spring break is a great part of your life structure that you carry with you the rest of your life.  Mine were not wild and crazy but they were memorable.  Since I lived in Florida, five mins from the beach, my parents house was the destination of choice for my friends and especially my roommates.


I did not mind and my parents loved it...think it let my Dad relive his early years as well.  Lots of beer, lots of fun, and alot of seeing who could pick up a girl for the night...I had no clue back then that I was gay.  All I knew was that I was with my buds and we were having fun.  I think about all our hangups today....back then, we were just so open and honest with each other...doing everything together, being naked or any state of undress around each other, saying whatever was on our minds, laughing/crying/teasing....it was all part of it and we were a band of brothers.  Today, we let things get in the way of having that closeness....wives, kids, work, chasing the next big deal...they all seem to get in the way.  I still am great friends with my college buds, in fact we are going to Las Vegas in about 4 weeks to have a "guys weekend".....when we are there, it is just like back in college....for a very short moment in time, we leave our troubles behind and just "be"!

On another note, I have a new comment on the previous post!!!!  YEAH....thanks Tom.  It warms my soul to know someone is reading!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, I'm a reader also. Amt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...there are TWO of you out there! Say hello more often!

    ReplyDelete