Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 17, 2010

When I was a teenager this stretch of the beach on Palm Beach was a big surfer hangout...the way the beach and a reef out in the water were formed caused some nice sized waves.  My buddies and I would drive down to surf and hang out on the beach.....it was totally different then. 

I remember Sunday mornings being packed with guys and their boards.  When they were finished and getting ready to leave, they would open the car door, strip out of their Sun Britches and change....buck naked right there on the road!  I remember the first time I tried to do it, I chickened and drove home in wet shorts!  I always used the excuse that I forgot my dry clothes.  Shrinkage was a big concern to me and I was completly, 100% sure that everyone was bigger then me!  I knew this because I had seen a few of my buddies and they were alot bigger so I assumed everyone else was as well...little did I know!
 I asked the guy that mows my lawn and is a surfer, if they still did that and but sheepishly said  he did not like to flash his junk so he did not!  He also said the cops are always out looking to give tickets to the guys changing.  The summers in Palm Beach were great because the residents are gone up North...so the town was basically deserted and the beaches were wide open...that was then...Not like that anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment