Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 11, 2011

Journey and Journies

I often listen to Pandora radio during the day at work.  One of the settings I have is for "80's" which usually puts a fair amount of "old school" songs in the mix.  Journey came on this morning with "Faithfully" and then a few minutes ago with "Separate Ways".   Wow...memories of high school and starting my freshman year of college come flooding back.  The songs themselves do not touch me with the words, it is more the music and what was being played at crucial points during that path.  "Separate Ways" was being played in the car when I was driving to graduation and I for some reason always remember that.  So I pause a little and a smile comes to my face.  I wish my high school experience had been more "normal" but I have come to realize over the years that "it is what it is!"

My nephew left for the basic training in Texas today.  He is going into the Coast Guard....I can remember when he was riding a tricycle and now he is about embark on his career....I am getting old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment